Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wk7Assgn1FangmanK - Impact of Learning Styles


As I reflect on all of the learning theories discussed in this class and going back to the first week of class, I feel that my learning styles are still the same.  During the first week of school I determined that I used Cognitive, Constructivism, and Behaviorism.  Now that I have discovered more about all learning theories, I think I use all of them to some extent.  Connectivism, Social, and Adult learning as well.  This course has shown me so much more to consider as an educator when teaching my students with multiple intelligences and cultural diversity. 

Social learning is a major part of education and while online courses do offer interaction between students and the instructor, the idea that the online format might not be suitable for high school students surfaced, indicating that social influence and networking is more important to this age group than adult learners. Considering the stages of growth and development, I can see where this would be a factor.  According to Ormrod, Schunk and Gredler, (2009), the role that social contact plays in learning is vital. 

As I continue to grow with my own education in Instructional Design & Technology, I realize that technology is and will continue to be a major part of my instruction as a teacher.  When searching for resources and material pertaining to my subject matter I always surf the internet to enhance my lesson plans.  Technology is growing at such a fast pace, the future for our students is unlimited.

References

Ormrod, J., Schunk, D., & Gredler, M. (2009). Learning Theories and Instruction (Laureate). New York: Pearson

1 comment:

  1. I know this website gives quality based posts and other material, is there any other website which presents these data in quality?

    Dental Websites Marketing Solution and Ideas by OpTiMized360.Com

    ReplyDelete